How and why we use your data
We take your privacy very seriously here at Method. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to get in touch
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, email address, and phone number) when you contact us and/or use our website 'Contact Form'.
Each time you visit our website we will automatically collect technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; and information about your visit i.e. the page or pages you have requested.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
We will monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance and staff training purposes.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. By using this service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result. For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone or text message (SMS) about our services which may be of interest to you.
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example we store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see 'How can you contact us?' below).
You can request a copy of your information which we hold free of charge (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to: email@example.com or write to us at: Unit 4 Staithes, The Watermark, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9SN.
1. These terms and conditions are the Prize Draw Rules (“Rules“) and apply to any Prize Draws (“Prize Draw“) run by Method Valuation UK Limited unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Prize Draw, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Prize Draw are displayed in a notice on the Method Valuation UK Limited website’s Prize Draw Page (“Prize Draw Notice“) and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Prize Draw Notice, the Prize Draw Notice shall prevail.
3. Method Valuation UK Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize Draw or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Method Valuation UK Limited’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Prize Draw Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting Method Valuation UK Limited on 01642 269 306.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Prize Draw, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. The individual or individual member of staff at a Company or Organisation which instructs Method Valuation UK Limited (“Instructing Staff”) and who issues a qualifying instruction (“Qualifying Instruction”) will be recorded against each individual entry as the Entrant.
6. Method Valuation UK Limited assumes that Instructing Staff/ Entrants are permitted by their employers to receive prizes and have made their employers aware that by issuing Qualifying Instructions to Method Valuation UK Limited they are entered as an Entrant into the relevant monthly draw. Method Valuation UK Limited accepts no liability should such a party fail to notify their employer as necessary.
7. Should a manager or senior member of staff at a Company or Organisation for who an Instructing Individual state in writing or by email that any prizes won should be sent to the Company, instead of to the Instructing Individual. Method Valuation UK Limited will view this as confirmation that Instructing Individual may not receive prizes and will send it to a person nominated by that senior member of staff at that Company.
8. Employees of Method Valuation UK Limited or any associated company of Method Valuation UK Limited and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
9. By entering the Prize Draw, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Method Valuation UK Limited reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
10. Method Valuation UK Limited assumes that by entering the Prize Draw (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Prize Draw and these Rules.
11. Method Valuation UK Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Prize Draw, Method Valuation UK Limited in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. One Entry to the Prize Draw is made for each valuation instruction procured by the Instructing Individual through the Method Valuation UK Ltd panel. This must result in the production of a valuation report by a Method Valuation UK Ltd Panel Valuer which is submitted to the Instructing Individual, their employer or to a lender client nominated as the intended recipient of the valuation report by an Instructing Individual. The Entry is made when the report is submitted by Method to that party.
14. When a portfolio of properties is instructed it is the number of instructions rather than the number of properties which give rise to entries being made e.g. a portfolio of six properties instructed under a single instruction will count as a single entry where as a portfolio of three properties instructed under three instructions would lead to three entries.
15. Valuations procured through any other party for Method Valuation UK Limited’s lender clients or from Method Valuation UK Limited’s Valuation Panel Members do not qualify
16. Prize Draw entries are made on a monthly basis with all qualifying entries made on and between the first day of a calendar month and the last day of that same calendar month being entered into the draw for that month.
17. Prize Draw entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
18. Method Valuation UK Limited cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
19. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Prize Draw Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Prize Draw Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
20. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Prize Draw winner(s)’ names may be published in the Method Valuation UK Limited publication in which the Prize Draw appeared and Method Valuation UK Ltd’s website. Also by entering the competition the Prize Draw winner(s) consents to the publication of their name on Method Valuation UK Limited social media sites, an image of the Prize Winner with said prize could also be requested with the Prize Winner’s permission.
21. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Prize Draw Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
22. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Method Valuation UK Limited reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
23. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Method Valuation UK Limited and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
24. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Prize Draw Notice and must be observed. Method Valuation UK Limited reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
25. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
26. Method Valuation UK Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting any prize. Method Valuation UK Limited is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Prize Draw.
28. By providing Method Valuation UK Limited with your personal data you do not consent to Method Valuation UK Limited transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Method Valuation UK Limited does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
29. The Prize Draw and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.